Tips To Disposing Carpet Cleaning Wastewater
Photo by ©Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock.com
The fact that carpet cleaning industry is connected to wastewater treatment one may sound like a joke before you realize that all carpet cleaners often deal with disposing of wastewater. So even if carpet cleaners do not use such equipment as a screw press, these connection requires them to know the ways to discharge wastewater properly.
The thing is that wastewater can contain such harmful elements as human and animal waste, chemical compounds, oil, grease, smoke, airborne pollutants, detergents, solvents, as well as different type of bacteria. These elements are known as potentially hazardous to human health and the environment, so disposing of them in the right way is crucial.
There are some tips on how carpet cleaners and other cleaning professionals can safely and properly discharge wastewater. Here they are:
1. One of the simplest and most popular ways of discharging wastewater is provided by such common and well-known elements of our daily life as sinks, toilets, and bathtubs. In other words, anything connected to the municipal sewer infrastructure is suitable for disposing of wastewater. Just do not pour wastewater on the ground or into storm drains.
2. You have to remember that before you are going to discharge carpet cleaning wastewater, it has to be filtered. The thing is that there are carpet fibers and other solids that can become a reason for clogging pipes.
3. If there are no hazardous materials in filtered debris, it can be put in a trash container.
4. In case there are hazardous materials, it should be taken someplace equipped to handle such waste.
5. Make sure that you fill the log listing disposal method, amount, and any special handling requirements every time carpet cleaning is performed. If there are any issues that require professional wastewater treatment, follow the link: http://ekoton-corp.com/.