Cleaning the house is not an easy task. The quality of cleaning depends on how you clean, so it is important to know some tips that will make the process of cleaning more efficient. The thing you have to remember is that cleaning is an art. If you developed your own techniques and know how to get your house sparkling, probably you are a home-cleaning artist. But in the most cases, people do not like spend their time cleaning each angle. That is why we have collected some tips that will help you to learn more about the effective cleaning.
- The main rule is to try to clean your house with a positive attitude. Positiveness can show you that actually, it is possible to enjoy the process.
- One of the best things you can do is to start cleaning at the top of the room. When you clean top to bottom, the cleaning is more effective.
- Always prepare everything you need to clean the house before you start cleaning. It will save you a lot of time and you will not have to make unnecessary trips from one room to another.
- Do not try to entertain yourself with TV or Phone while cleaning. It will slow down the process. The advice is to turn them off.
- Make sure that you turned off all the equipment you are going to clean. When it comes to equipment, it is always better to hire professionals such as AC service Gilbert offers to avoid risks to break something and in order not to get injured.
- In order to make your house look cozy and attractive, you will have to eliminate clutter. Remember that uncluttered home always looks untidy, even if there is no dust.
- Clean your rooms as soon as they get dirty. It will help you to save some tome and manage the cleaning schedule.
- If you want your carpet to be perfectly clean, try to leave some baking soda on it overnight. It will help you to make your room smell fresh. In order to maintain tidiness, do not forget to vacuum your house at least 3 times a week.
- To reduce clutter, simply find some basket and place it in the kitchen. You can put everything you need at hand inside, such as mail, keys, newspapers, etc.
- Organize a labor division at home, so everyone will be in charge of making his/her own bed and picking up their stuff.
Remember that cleaning your home not only helps in making it look and feel cozier: it makes it more hygienic as well. What is more, if you will clean your house by yourself, you can improve your feet and health.
Everyone who has a carpet at home knows that sometimes it becomes really hard to clean it without hiring a pro. Still, there are some ways to make carpet cleaning easy and to get impressive results. What is more, you will not have to spend money on professional carpet cleaning service. For sure, when it comes to Commercial Cleaning, it is always better to hire a pro, but at home, you can use a stream cleaning to reduce dust, remove stains and odors.
In contrast to dry professional cleaning provided by the professional companies, steam cleaning is a water-based method.
Steam cleaning has a lot of advantages. It saves money, does not require any professional equipment, and is not toxic. The only disadvantage is that you will have to wait before your carpet will get dry.
Preparation for Steam Cleaning
- Vacuum cleaning
First of all, you will need to vacuum the carpet if you want cleaning to be effective. To do it properly, pick up everything from the floor, starting from toys to books and some small details. To make everything perfect, it is better to remove all the furniture. Still, you can just pick up smaller pieces as lamps, ottomans, and chairs. Then, make sure that you have dusted all the baseboards. Right after, you can start vacuuming. Note that it is better to vacuum in two directions to ensure that the fiber will get clean from all sides.
- Treat Stains
If you do not want stains to return, you will have to treat them before cleaning. The thing is that the process of steam cleaning involves heat that can make the stains harder to remove.
As we said before, you do not need any special equipment to make steam cleaning. Still, you will have to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations while choosing products. Just try not to use highly perfumed ones to avoid such side effects as asthma or allergy. Frankly speaking, the DIY products are supposed to be better and much cheaper.
Use 1 tablespoon of an oil-based soap such as Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap for every quart of nearly boiling water. An oil-based soap is helpful when you have to deal with darker places on your carpet because usually they are oil-based as well. You are right, “like dissolves like”. Make a first go-thorough.
The second go-though is aimed at neutralizing and removing the soap. That is why you will have to use a 50/50 mix of nearly boiling water and vinegar. The vinegar will lift away the dirt and grime, as well as will leave a deodorizing effect on your carpet.
Professional carpet cleaning service becomes the best solution when you need your carpet to be extremely clean. Usually, people decide on hiring professionals when they have children or their carpets are light-colored. But to make professional carpet cleaning even more effective, we provide you with some tips. The information below will be helpful if you want to save time and to prevent accidents.
It is very important to purge your house of useless stuff before the cleaning technician arrives. You have to understand that professional cleaning requires the use of heavy hoses and cords that is why decluttering is initial. Anything on your floor can intervene the process of cleaning. So make sure that there are no objects as children’s toys, dog bones, and socks, whatever.
The other thing to do is to clean your carpet with a vacuum cleaner to remove the top layer of dirt. Though it is not obligatory, precleaning will allow making deeper cleaning when the technician arrives.
Remove Light Furniture
Though hiring professional cleaners means that you will not take part in the process of cleaning itself, there are some things you have to do before they come. Generally, people think that hiring professionals mean everything included in the price. Still, it is not so. If you do not want your furniture to be damaged, you will have to get it out from the rooms where the cleaning process is planned. Carpet cleaning technicians are not licensed movers, so you will have to move everything by yourself. If you want to ease the process, just ask someone to help you. Furthermore, keep in mind that you will have to wait about 24 hours after the wet cleaning before you can get all the furniture back to the room.
Protect Your Walls
As the process of cleaning requires using cords, you will have to protect your walls to prevent black marks. You can use some high-quality painter’s tape. It will not damage your walls and will leave no marks. Furthermore, it is easy to remove.
Lock Up Valuables
Do not panic, the majority of carpet cleaners are honest people. Still, if you have some expensive jewelry, portable electronics, and some other valuables, it is always better to lock them up so they are not broken.
When the carpet-cleaning technician arrives, make sure that your pets are contained. It is an initial thing to do because the noise produced by cleaning machines will frighten them. What is more, most of the professional technicians use truck-mounted cleaning systems, so your door will have to be opened during the process and your pets can easily escape their sweet home and loving owners.
If you follow the steps described above, the process of cleaning will provide you with the best results and will not take much time.